Saturday, November 17, 2012

In this I believe... if only there were no guns.


We can be in peace. We can be tolerant. We can be brothers, sisters, mothers and fathers, grandparents, teachers and students of everyone we encounter in our lives. There's no "we" in war, in fanatism, in greed, in selfishness, in ignorance, in indolence, in inertia. To practice Kindness can bring such a wonderful and powerful energy to the world.

I can't understand why war, rape, torture, extreme poverty and other monstrous acts are still happening in this world. I really can't. And there isn't much I can do to stop any of those wounds that keep bleeding, everyday, except trying the best of me to "be the change I want to see in this world". In that I believe. Let us not forget that important role we can have in our own lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment