Sunday, January 27, 2013

Chocolat...

On a rainy Sunday, there's much to think and conspire. Here's the thought that showed up in a lazy moment of couch random-movie watching.

The young village priest, still figuring out is own voice, finally speaks the truth of his heart... and it goes like this:

"Père Henri: I'm not sure what the theme of my homily today ought to be. Do I want to speak of the miracle of Our Lord's divine transformation? Not really, no. I don't want to talk about His divinity. I'd rather talk about His humanity. I mean, you know, how He lived His life, here on Earth. His *kindness*, His *tolerance*... Listen, here's what I think. I think that we can't go around... measuring our goodness by what we don't do. By what we deny ourselves, what we resist, and who we exclude. I think... we've got to measure goodness by what we *embrace*, what we create... and who we include.

No comments:

Post a Comment