Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Wishing to feel the Old...

I’ve been feeling disappointed with my work and my days, and so, with my life, “because how you live your days is, of course, how you live your life”, and it isn’t because I don’t feel motivated to learn new things, to start new projects, or improve my surfing and overall physical fitness. I’ve come to the conclusion that is the lack of connection with what I’m doing that is bringing me down.

Everything goes on and changes in such speed, that I don’t have the time to fall in love. I can’t waste anytime over thinking an idea, the client is waiting for the project to be finished yesterday! And if I choose to only focus on that project, then I lose contact with friends, with my health...

We’re going to fast, Life has become like fast food. You don’t have time to think on the why’s, the magic, the subtleness, no, you just keep racing and looking, and throwing away experiences...

I like Art, and I studied graphic design because I felt the esthetic fruition that a certain picture and a sentence, and how the two could be combine in such a way that could make the viewer dive in deeper layers of feelings, and all from a simple object, a page.

But I don’t know anyone that isn’t actually being strangled by time.

Breaks are important. Essential for a healthy living.
We need breaks, and we need time to thoughtfully choose the best solution.

Do your best to stop rushing and be strong not to be bent again, because the whole world is on ecstasy. Social media; social traveling; social dating; social news reporting ecstasy...

What’s the new thing???? Have you heard??? What are your plans??? Ohhh you're crazy! You’re unstoppable! You’re a machine!

My wish is to stop all this mental choking and return to the origins of things. The origin of food; the origin of drawing; the origin of friendships...

The old mechanics of Letterpress. The focus, and the distinct feel of the ink on the paper. Makes your appreciate things more, doesn’t it?

Upside Down, Left To Right: A Letterpress Film from Danny Cooke on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment