Wednesday, November 19, 2014

In the beginning there were Legos...

I remember, as I was little, in size and experience, to dream of becoming like the grown up people. As I played with Lego, I built houses and in those houses there were families living and rushing from one side to another. They were busy going to work, they were busy driving, they were busy cooking or re-doing their entire house!

That was my idea of what is was to grow up. I idealised that I would be self assured, organised, task's exterminator, goals achiever, and as easy as finding a pen in a woman’s purse, I would find the Love of my Life, get married and have kids.

That was what made sense to dream about and I couldn't wait to be old enough for it to happen. There was just school, the only thing that didn’t fit so well in the plans of growing up, but I did Ok. I was one of the teachers favourite, good grades, excellent report cards and during intervals I was the one that out stood everyone with my super fast run. No one could catch me and I would catch everyone!

- Simple and True Happiness...

What changed?

Doubts, second guessing and trusting others more than in myself. At the same speed as my body changed, a different look at myself started to happen. People started speaking to me differently, certain actions, words and thoughts ceased to be appropriate, and I couldn’t understand others so well anymore: were they speaking the truth, or lying. Before, when I was that little person, a lie would last a day or two at the most, but from this moment on, I understood that lies could last almost a life time, or 10 years.

Everything became 6th dimensional. I had what my eyes were seeing, but my nose would get a different impression and my mouth would say something completely unexpected. My ears would devil me with improbable secrets, my arms would fall into the wrong bodies and my mind would be firing up with a million different conclusions.

Of course this led me to that huge question: who am I?

I thought I knew who I was. I knew exactly what I liked, what I wanted and all the schedules to have an easy Life, away from mom’s railings. But since my body changed, the outside world seemed to change too… Something had changed.

From those years on, I had to find myself again. My routines, my likings and new friends. Only the dreams stay the same, but were kept locked somewhere safe, from the outside world and from myself also.

I had already found Love, but in the quest of wanting to answer that huge question, who am I, I was led to question even the Love I had found. This new 6th dimensional world had so many different lights, smells, colours and feelings, I wonder if I didn’t need to explore more.

And here’s where I started losing myself, even more. I started to look in the outside world what had always been inside me. I continued to question who I was, not to the person that mattered the most, but to others, to consequences, to this volatile outside world that changes at every second.

Because it took me this long to understand that this “me” that questions is the same “me” that answers, and it’s the same “me” that is in the world, and, prepare yourself, it is also the World! I only now realize that what I was looking for, all along, has always been with me since that first start, playing Legos.

It’s too much to take in, I get it. We also get so easily distracted with our jobs, fun times, sports, romance, family, but, when things get taught and we start to wonder what is it that we’re doing were, in this little blue planet, that’s when BIG questions start making a mess.

Usually science backs up our naive deep questions, like: where do I come from, where am I going, who am I, with a strong dose of chemistry and whirling quantic physics, complicated enough to put our Hercule Poirot persona away for some time, but then it comes back, and we ask again, where does it all come from???  in the lovely storytelling that society offers, there's that tiny detail that lingers, where is the beginning, and just like an ugly scratch in our favourite vinyl, ouch, it hurts our soul.

Where does it all come from? Where is the sense behind everything?

Terence McKenna used to say, modern science is based on the principle, “give us one free miracle and we’ll explain the rest”, and the one free miracle is the emergence of all the matter and energy in the Universe from nothing in a single instant, together with all the laws that govern it.

It’s the same as thinking, my computer works fine, my car, my body, but who design it? errr, no one, nothing… Where does it all come from?

I was touched with what Yogi Dada Gunamuktananda said, and as him, so many others.

Both the substance and the intention of the Universe come from a deeper reality than the material one that we normally perceive with our minds and senses, and that reality is consciousness and all-pervading blissful awareness inherent in everybody and everything. Just as your own consciousness is the essence of your own mind, cosmic consciousness is the essence of the entire Universe. It exists within everything and everything it exists within it, essentially everybody and everything is part of and full of consciousness.

Everything that exists is Life. Even a creature we normally term dead is alive. The process of dissolution creates Life. Everything consists of molecules in constant motion. We appear to be solid, yet this solidity is an illusion.

Lobsang Rampa gives us an amazing example to help us understand the abstractness in this thought:

Consider a creature of infinite smallness who can stand at a distance from a human
body and look at it. The creature would see whirling suns, spiral nebulae, and streams akin to the Milky Way. In the soft parts of the body, the flesh the molecules would be widely dispersed. In the hard substances, the bones, the molecules would be dense, bunched together and giving the appearance of a great cluster of stars (…) Each Man is a Universe, a Universe in which planets molecules spin around a central sun. Every rock, twig, or drop of water is composed of molecules
in constant, un-ending motion. (…) Everything is relative, a wall which is solid to you may not be solid to a ghost or to a creature from the astral


So many times we’re caught up feeling alienated, sad, misfit, unfairly put away, or sick, or lost, because materialism separates people and religion segregates them. But, if we get out of the “Box” and we imagine ourselves being part of the same matter that constitutes the stars and galaxies, we’re no longer alone, right? We’re made of the same thing that makes the sun shine! and the concept of everlasting Joy becomes tangible.

Instead of validating a world of isolation, let’s validate a world of oneness and hope for the Future. We’ll be happier! Not only as individuals but as a society. Let’s all think Love and therefore we are Love. Remember Descartes: “I think therefore I am” or according to Yogic philosophy: “I don’t think and there I am”. Just because we can’t prove there’s a Universal Consciousness it doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. There’re so many things that exist, that we can’t prove materially. Gunamuktananda gives a very simple and irrefutable example: can you prove a mom’s love for her child? because you can’t materially prove it, doesn’t it mean it’s not there?

Max Plank, German physicists of the late 19th and early 20th century, winning the Nobel Prize in Physics, explains what is Consciousness to him: “I regard consciousness as fundamental. I regard matter as derivative from consciousness. We cannot get behind consciousness. Everything that we talk about, everything that we regard as existing, postulates consciousness. (…) Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve. (…) As a man who has devoted his whole life to the most clear headed science, to the study of matter, I can tell you as a result of my research about atoms this much: There is no matter as such. All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind. This mind is the matrix of all matter.

Or, “universally” known scientist, Mr. Albert Einstein: “The human mind, no matter how highly trained, cannot grasp the universe. We are in the position of a little child, entering a huge library whose walls are covered to the ceiling with books in many different tongues. The child knows that someone must have written those books. It does not know who or how. It does not understand the languages in which they are written. The child notes a definite plan in the arrangement of the books, a mysterious order, which it does not comprehend, but only dimly suspects. That, it seems to me, is the attitude of the human mind, even the greatest and most cultured, toward God. We see a universe marvellously arranged, obeying certain laws, but we understand the laws only dimly. Our limited minds cannot grasp the mysterious force that sways the constellations.

Our brain is good at collecting data and performing analysis on that data, but to gain consciousness and become one full-complete happy being we can’t depend only on the brain. It’s bias. It echoes assumptions, and so many times, it can be the wrong kind of assumptions, such as, I’m not strong enough, I’m not smart enough, everyone is happier and more fulfilled than I am…

STOP! Don’t think ; ) gain AWARENESS…
1st step to become aware, to gain full conscious:
Meditate.

Meditation is a fabulous method for stilling the mind and discovering what lies past the constant mind chatter that typically accompanies us throughout the day.

Become a Meditation Technology geek to go deep within and get access to “personal guidance, communicating with departed loved ones, finding creative inspiration and improved focus, and most importantly, to get to know your deepest inner self, as an eternal spiritual being related to all that exists.” Words of Neurosurgeon Eben Alexander, that since a near-death experience (NDE), in which he spent a week in coma from an inexplicable brain infection, has turn his research towards the connection between our mind and spirit.



Keep your best wishes, close to your heart and watch what happens

Tony DeLiso











No comments:

Post a Comment