Monday, November 26, 2018

Flirting with Existence


Do you want to feel more alive than everyday life?
...
More alive?
Can you?!

You know you can, you have felt it, maybe it’s not living, maybe it’s something else, a deeper/lighter/bigger/expansive, an unscope feeling of breathing, moving and I guess, something closer to existing.

... I know what it is to exist. I live, and exist in a palpable way, but I wonder if I shouldn’t be closer to the stars, to nature itself if I want to affirm and believe that I exist. Scientist will tell me that obviously I do, but with some imagination, even that can be discussed. I can’t understand it using its opposite, to not exist, as I also don’t know what it feels like.

Do you think that to exist you need to feel, and once you stop feeling you cease to exist?
... Well, dead people don’t feel.
So, the more you feel, the more alive you’ll be?
Seems to fit into it.

A lot of people think or believe or know they feel — but that’s thinking or believing or knowing; not feeling. To be alive is feeling — not knowing or believing or thinking. No one can be taught to feel, it takes courage, for it’s a one-self private experience that comes with many risks, but I’d say, risks that are surely worth taking, or so I feel

We must assume our existence as broadly as we in any way can; everything, even the unheard-of, must be possible in it. That is at bottom the only courage that is demanded of us: to have courage for the most strange, the most singular and the most inexplicable that we may encounter.
_
Rainer Maria Rilke

To be alive is an amazing feeling, and look at some of the synonyms for the word “amazing”: surprising, bewildering, stunning, staggering, shocking, startling, stupefying, breathtaking, perplexing, confounding, dismaying, disconcerting, shattering; unbelievable… scary, isn't it?
A mystery walk into the woods of the unknown.

But it's this flirting with the unknown, the urge to go beyond the boundaries of the established, taught, that feeds our creative impulse, that's makes us want to feel more, and strive into feeling more alive. Yes you can feel more alive, if you allow yourself to feel and embrace all the feelings that come with the openness and courage to be vulnerable to feelings. Feel them, talk about them, but don't keep them. Let them fly free as water!





No comments:

Post a Comment